I was all set to actually ride a bike today, but bad weather was moving in and I decided to get some work done and some pictures taken. The quite extensive internal cable routing I had planned was scrapped, partially due to weight (over 3/4 lbs of tubing would go inside the frame) and partially due to my uncertainty of the execution details. I’ll save it for a future project, cause it’s an idea I really like, but I need to have it planned out better.
Yesterday I brazed up the front triangle and soaked off the flux. Today, I started the finish work on the fillets.
The bb turned out good, which is convenient because it’s the hardest joint to smooth out.
The head tube joints turned out a little lumpier than I like, but they’ll file out fine.
That’s the start of the seat cluster, the hole above the top tube is for a small piece of stainless tubing to go through the seat mast. That’s where the brake cable will pass through on it’s way down to the rear brake.
These are my seatstays. Two piece, with a hand carved joint in the middle, then hand bent. I need to come up with a catchier name for them.
Anyway, that’s it for today. See you again soon.